July 13, 2009

Youth Conference


For youth conference this year we camped at Lava Hot Springs and since I ended up being the only YW leader that could go I got to bring my family. It was a blast, this was the Olympic pool. Bry and Boston both LOVED this slide! Brylee went down it 100 times!





Then we went back to camp for some yummy hamburgers. And later Bishop insisted we head into town for some square ice cream and some shopping (he's awesome, I know). A lot of families ended up coming up with leaders and the bishopric so it ended up feeling more like a ward camp out. But I thought it was GREAT, I was in charge of all meals so it meant I had lots of helpers!




The youth chowing down!






Boston showing us he was done with his food, thanks bud!





There was a weeping willow tree that the kids would pull branches off and make crowns out of.







My girls being silly!







The kids invading Bishop Miller's trailer.











Testimony meeting around the campfire.


The next day we had a pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon then went tubing down the river! I didn't get any pictures of that but it was my favorite part. Then we came back home for a ward dinner and the youth did a "Brand New Year" performance that was honestly the best show I've ever seen! I am so PROUD of the youth in our ward they are all so talented and sweet!









2 comments:

Jared, Beth, Carter, Maylee and Bridger said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! I'm so sad I missed it and I miss the ward sooooo much especially the young women! Tell them all hi for me!! Miss you guys! :)

Holly said...

Fun fun fun! I haven't been to Lava Hot Springs in such a long time, it looks so fun and refreshing! I'm glad everyone had a good time!