September 8, 2009

salsa & pickles


This past week I've managed to accomplish quite a bit thanks to our media fast. I did a bunch of things that I had been meaning to do for a while and I even canned my first batch of salsa and pickles. This week our media fast has finally come to an end. We've all struggled with it at different times but we all realized how much time we spend watching tv and getting on the internet. It has also helped us to become even closer as a family. It's even inspired me to shut our cable off, I can't let go of the internet just yet! I actually really enjoyed knowing that my family's faces wouldn't be stuck in the tv or on the computer every night that we would get to hear about each others day. I did worry too about the kids being naughty because they were bored, and that they would complain about no tv. But they were SOOO good the whole week and got along better. I think it's a great idea to do this to get your family back on track and I will definitely do it again!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm glad your media fast went well! I think we need to do one soon. I wish I wasn't so addicted to blogging but it's the best journal keeping I've ever done so I guess that's good right. And I love keeping up with what's going on with friends. But I know I spend too much time on the computer so maybe I will be strong and do a media fast sometime soon!