August 6, 2010

motocross = broken clavical

Yesterday Logan was supposed to have a race at the mini motocross track in Morgan. But on the practice race he over shot the double on a triple hill jump and crashed his bike into the third hill. It threw him into the handle bars and broke his clavicle bone (AKA collar bone) he also has a somewhat black eye, bruised ribs and a banged up leg. It could of been sooo much worse, I'm just thankful it wasn't and that he had his chest protector on, because he said it really knocked the wind out of him. Here's the break, it really grosses me out. And I can't even begin to understand how it's supposed to heal straight, but I guess I'm supposed to trust the doctors. He has an appointment next week with an orthopedic dr. to see how it's healing and find out that at that point he'll need pins in it...let's hope not!
Get better bud, we love you very much!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Oh poor Logan! I'll be hoping he doesn't have to get pins too, not fun! Feel better soon Logan!

StacyandBrandonPeck said...

I totally feel for ya Logan:(, I broke my collar bone when I was younger, no fun!!! I hope you feel better soon!!!