September 18, 2010

Boston's stitches...Round 2

What was supposed to be a fun evening at the Riverdale Parkway turned in to a night at Urgent Care. Boston crashed on his scooter and unfortunately caught himself with his forehead. There was tons of blood and luckily I didn't see how bad it was (thanks to Ben carrying him the whole way) until we got back to the car. It helped me not to freak out too bad, cause I tend to do that in these kind of situations. I am getting a little better at them though, thanks to some busy boys. Not even two months ago Logan broke his collar bone then Carter split his chin open at my sister's wedding and 10 months ago Boston had stitches in the same eyebrow. With three boys I think I'll have my fare share to come in the future too!
Boston did so good, he acted so big this time he only cried when they gave him the shot to numb it. Which made me cry too...mother's instinct, I guess! To get him to calm down the nurse asked him what happened and Boston proceeded to tell her the story amongst many others for 10 minutes straight (I had to remind him to breath in between words) while the Doctor stitched him. While the Dr. was finishing up, as you can see in the picture below, he was so famished he decided to take a little nap.
Ahh, this little guy is one of a kind, I sure do love him. 17 stitches. 4 under the skin in his muscle and 13 on top. And a black eye to boot. What a trooper.


He did get a buzz lightyear toy he's been asking for. Not the way he planned on getting it but happy nonetheless!


I love you my big hearted, bruiser, bulldozer (and as Quinn would say) Bostonator! Please don't give me anymore scares...at least for a while!


2 comments:

Brooke said...

I thought you have had enough of the doctors office, I guess you just needed one more visit. I feel SO bad for Boston! He is such a sweetheart!!

Holly said...

Poor little guy! That looks so painful! And I love the nickname Bostonater, that is too cute! :)