September 1, 2010

Brylee's first day of Kindergarten

I knew this day would come but it sure didn't make it any easier! She is more than ready to go, I just can't believe she's already so grown up. Time goes too quickly! She picked her outfit out...a week ago! She looks WAY too grown up in it!
What a cutie!




Her teacher handed this poem out to the parents as we left.
The First Day~
I gave you a little wink and smile
As you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is to leave,
And know your child must stay.
You've been with her
for five years now,
And have been a loving guide.
But now, alas, the time has come
To leave her at my side.
Just know that as you drive away,
And down the tears will flow.
I'll love her as I would my own.
And help her learn and grow.
For as a parent, I too know,
How quickly the years do pass.
I have been in your shoes and had to
take my own child to class.
So please, put your mind at ease,
And cry those tears no more.
For I will love her and take her in
When you leave her at my door.

I waited until I was home to read mine...thank goodness. I had done quite well, then came the waterworks...sigh.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Brylee is so dang cute! What a cute little kindergartener! Those pictures are just adorable. The flowers and landscaping is gorgeous too! Is that at your house? I took Colby to preschool this week for the first time and I about cried when I left without him. What a cute poem. Sounds like she has a really good teacher. How exciting and sad at the same time :)!

Trisha said...

Thanks Michelle your boys are way cute too! That is my house, I love to plant flowers. Makes for cute pictures!!!

Holly said...

Oh, she looks so cute! And yes, she does look way too grown up! That was a cute poem from her teacher, who is her teacher? Avery has that shirt too, I LOVE it! Great minds think alike! :)

Trisha said...

She has Ms. Clark, she was there last year. We always think alike don't we!? I love that line, she has the black ballerina shirt too.

The Daltons said...

Oh man I'm glad I didn't get that poem, I already had the waterworks without the poem!! She is so dang cute.

StacyandBrandonPeck said...

She is such a cute girl!! Good Luck Brylee:) Um I'm crying over that poem, good call on waiting until you got home, otherwise you might wanna change your mind and take her home with you")