November 19, 2008

I finally got some sleep.........

Well after four nights of only 3 to 4 hours of sleep, last night Carter finally let me get 8 hours! (really) They were broken up by nursing him of course but at least I got that. I can't believe how great I feel! What a cute little guy huh. A couple of nights ago he opened his eyes really good and I got these pictures. I just can't believe how much love you can have in you heart. I love my family SO much and there is just so much more for Carter. It's amazing how much I already love and adore him. I worried when I was pregnant how I would make 3 small children work and how hard it might be. But honestly I don't feel that way at all. I just feel like we have been waiting for him to complete our family.

On Sunday when we were leaving the hospital we found out we would have to come back up the next day to have another bilirubin test done on Carter because his was a little high. So when I had him tested again it was still high so they had to order the lights for him. In the above picture he is using his biliblanket. And below is his bilibed. It has taking some getting used to but I am just glad he's ok.
I would like to say thank you to my husband, he has been such a great guy to me. Escpecially because I am such a miserable pregnant person. He has had alot to put up with and I know I don't give him enough credit. I love you Ben and I hope you know how much I appreciate all the wonderful things you do for me and our family.



These are the beautiful flowers he gave me in the hospital. I've never seen any that color before. Thank you to everyone (too many to name) who has helped us, and for all the great gifts as well!

3 comments:

The Daltons said...

He looks sooooo cute with his eyes open I need to come see him again. He kind of looks like a little blue glow worm with those blankets on him!! I am glad to hear you are finally getting some sleep that first week is the hardest. A++ for Ben on those roses they are soo pretty!!

Holly said...

He is so dang cute! Hope he doesn't need those lights much longer! And way to go with the 8 hours of sleep, that's gotta feel great! :)

Michelle said...

Yay for 8 hours of sleep! It's not quite the same when it gets broken up but at least you got more sleep than you have been getting :). Your little guy is adorable!