November 24, 2008

Goodbye B..........

Boston has 2 binkies (which he calls his B) left and Friday night they were both missing. We looked EVERYWHERE for about an hour and no luck. I told Ben lets just put him to bed and see how it goes. He ended up going right to sleep and then waking up 3 times in the middle of the night asking for it. But I would just tell him it was lost and rub his back and he would go right back to sleep. Since then he has asked for it everyday but I just tell him it is still lost. He has done really well and I wasn't planning on taking it away so soon after I had the baby, but I was for sure not going to go buy more! I actually did find one of his binkies, but we're going to look really good to make sure he's not the one who finds the other one.
Really now that I think of it, I am sure he was ready to be done with it. It was more of my addiction, I was always afraid he would be hard to put to bed or be really whiney for it. He never had it other than nap time and bed time anyway. I am SO excited that it's gone though!! Goodbye Mr. B

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Congratulations!!! Haylee has been off of her binky for two weeks now and after we did it I was wondering what I was so afraid of!

Michelle said...

What a cute picture of Boston!... I was scared to take Colby's binki away from him too. But it was actually easier than I thought it was going to be!

Holly said...

Hip hip hooray!!! I'm glad "losing the binkie" worked for you too! I think that's the way to go, it really wasn't that bad.