December 26, 2008

MeRrY ChRiStMaS!

I just love Christmas, it's one of my favorite holidays. We started off by making Santa Clause sugar cookies. We do this every year but this year I let Logan be in charge and the kids did it all by themselves. They did a great job and Santa ate all of his cookies so I am sure they were way yummy!!
I put Boston down for a nap so he didn't get to frost the cookies. But Logan and Brylee made them look scrumptious
Later that night we had Christmas Eve dinner at my Mom's house. We did our Nativity Scene while my Justin read the Christmas story out of the bible. Brylee was a wisewoman, Addy was Mary, Logan was Joseph, Boston was a wiseman, Quinn was a little wiseman, Autumn was the angel and Carter was baby Jesus. You can't see him in this picture but he was cute just the same. It was my favorite part of the night because it's what Christmas is really about.
When we got home my Dad read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to our family on speakerphone. He lives in Montana and doesn't get to do much with them around the holidays. This was my family tradition growing up and I thought that it would be fun to do with ours. The kids thought it was neat and I think my Dad enjoyed it the most.




Christmas morning the kids holding their stockings. They were extremely excited for Santa this year. So Logan and Brylee started by getting us up at 2 o'clock in the morning! And we finally gave in at 6 o'clock.



This picture is sooo funny Brylee just loves makeup so when she pulled this out of her stocking she was really excited!!






They got really spoiled as usual. And this isn't even the stuff they got from grandparents. Ben got me a really nice diamond wedding band to go with my wedding ring. And I got Ben a 10/22 rifle. It was a great Christmas this year.



Christmas afternoon we went over to Ben's parents house for dinner. And his Mom had us all take family pictures. I'm not sure why but I thought it was worth putting in.











2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas! Cute pictures, my favorite is the last one of your cute little family!

Holly said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! We do the Nativity Scene too, and just like Carter, next year our new baby will be baby Jesus! :) How fun! Cute pictures!