December 9, 2010

Brylee's surgery

On Monday we took Brylee into the surgical center so Dr. Siddoway could take her tonsil's and adenoids out and put tubes in both her ears. She's been sick with a sinus infection that won't go completely away for a year. It eventually moved into her ears and now the fluid in them won't drain. She's been on loads of antibiotics with no luck so her ENT Doctor said it was time to try this. Here she is before wrapped up in a nice warm blanket. She wanted us to come with her, it was sad.

But the anesthesiologist gave her an awesome ride in the wagon on her way into surgery.

Her surgery went well. She was pretty sleepy so the nurses in the first recovery room had a really hard time waking her up. She told me when she got to us, in the second recovery room that her throat hurts and she doesn't want to have surgery anymore. I told her honey you already had your surgery and she looked at me like I was the meanest person in the world! But after reading her about 10 books while snuggling with her in her bed, she forgave me!
Our old neighbor Mikell was a nurse there and babied her to death! She even dressed up the puppy we got her in doctor attire! The cute stuffed panda on the right is what the surgical center gave her and they gave out a cute little duck too.


Since then we've had some minor meltdowns especially yesterday. But today she woke up telling me that her throat and ears didn't hurt at all. I even sent her to school since she only goes for a half day and she was fine!! She tougher than me, I was out of commission for a week!!! We love you Bry and we're so proud of you for being brave!

No comments: